Updated: January 2016
ConFusion is dedicated to being a welcoming environment for all attendees, regardless of ability or special needs. The Hotel and Convention Committee have planned for easy access to all events and public spaces. Additionally, ConFusion will be providing the following accommodations to help any attendees with a need. If you are in need of these services, please use them. Alternatively, if not personally needed, please be curious by leaving them open/available to others. Here are some of the most requested services that ConFusion offers:
- ConFusion supports breastfeeding mothers. Mother’s are more than welcome to feed their infants in any ConFusion space. If you would like a more private space please visit OPS to gain access to a nursing area for mothers with infants or who need to express.
- Wheelchair/Scooter accessible seating in the ConSuite/Hotel Restaurant/Panels.
- Seating for hearing/visually impaired in large programming events and the Masquerade.
- Gluten-Free items available in the ConSuite
In addition, ConFusion has created an Accessibility Checklist with the hopes of addressing as many needs as possible. It is composed of several combined guides and attendee requests, including SFWA and MI-ADA, in an attempt to organize an inclusive and accessible event. This is a living document, if you notice we are lacking a specific service, please email Access@ConFuionSF.org.
You can download the ConFusion 2016 Accessibly Checklist HERE or at OPS on-site.
If you are an attendee with disabilities, ConFusion wants to make your experience as fun and as entertaining as possible, but there are a few limitations on what can be provided. For example:
- Programming rooms fill up quickly, and all seating is on a first-come, first- served basis, so special seating may not be available. Please read your program book and plan your days accordingly.
- Autograph sessions are always limited, so it is a good idea to make arrangements to have someone within your group save a spot for you in line.
ConFusion staff is here to help. By working together, we can make the convention experience enjoyable for everyone. If at anytime you need help with accessing part of ConFusion please let a staff member know or come to OPS. If you have any questions concerning access at ConFusion, prior to the convention start please email Access@ConFusionSF.org