November 2017 Minutes
Allison Anderson (remote)
Amy Sexsmith (remote)
Cylithria DuBois (remote)
Meeting Called to order at 7:06pm by Brian
Brian moves to approve last meeting’s minutes, Eric seconds, 7-0 voting to approve.
President’s Report: Nothing new to report.
Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer just had a baby. Needs to send a check for the PO Box. Also need to get Anna on all of the bank accounts. Needs to be scheduled.
ConChair Report: We are still having a con. Just had a meeting on Sunday. Next two meetings have been scheduled for December 16th and January 7th. Liaisons needed, but otherwise okay. Amy will be asking John Davis to do the program book. Also need to discuss hotel contract for 2019.
Incorporation: Vote tabled on whether or not to fold the organization and reincorporate as a 501(c)7. Time to be taken to further research the differences between various types of not-for-profit. Full face-to-face meeting in December to be the opportunity to vote.
New meeting scheduled for January 16th prior to the Concom Meeting. Board meeting at 11am. Goal is for everyone to be face to face at that meeting.
Suggestion from Eric for 2020 to consider the idea of giving out an award at the convention in order to raise the profile of the con and attract more interest. Potential idea to have a juried award of whimsical award topics. More research and discussion.
Discussion of options to do more publisher events.
Motion to close the meeting at 7:45pm by Brian, seconded by Dave, 7-0 approve.